Depend® (a brand of Kimberly-Clark) and United Way are partnering to promote healthy, active and independent living throughout an individual’s life, with a focus on volunteering. As a result, United Ways in nine U.S. cities and in Ontario, Canada are expanding their volunteer activities and outreach.
United Ways tailored their activities to meet local needs and focus on activities that benefited the health of the volunteer, as well as the health of those they served. Projects included volunteers of all ages, and ranged from creating literacy kits for families with young children to improving a community garden, making over the exercise rooms of a youth-serving community center, a “speed volunteering” event at the Mall of America and more.
Learn more about these activities, and about how volunteering is an important part of a healthy, active, and independent life:
- For a Good Life: Volunteer!
- Stay Active and Improve Your Health
- Volunteering May be the Key to Happiness and Health (Really!)
- Employees Show Volunteering to be Part of Active, Healthy and Independent Living
- Retirees Who Volunteer
- Volunteers and Valentines
- Spending Saturday at the Mall, Volunteering
- Tapping Experience for Impact: Engaging Older Volunteers
- Volunteering for Good Health
- Volunteers Give Back Through a "Giving Garden"
- Volunteering for Healthy Active and Independent Living
- Volunteers Help Kids Start the Day Right
- Volunteers Transform 51,000 Shoeboxes to Help Those in Need
- Active, Healthy Volunteers
- Volunteers: Doing Good Behind the Scenes
More on the United Way partnership with Depend:
- Volunteers Raise “Underwareness” for Good Health and Hygiene
- Depend Supports Day of Action Volunteers